I've made a web app for gardeners living in developing or remote regions, Would love some feedback

Discussion in 'Fruit and Vegetable Gardening' started by viridios, Dec 3, 2022.

1. viridios

viridios New Member

I've made a web app for gardeners living in developing countries and remote regions that helps share planting information between them or build a planting calendar together for their community or location. It's called https://gardenerplanet.com. I would love to get some feedback on it.

This web application can be used by anyone in the world but is especially useful to people living in developing or remote regions simply because not much planting related information exists for such locations online. With this website gardeners can share information about which plants grow well in their area and automatically create a planting calendar based on that information. Below are some screenshots

Please let me know what you think!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. vitog

vitog Rising Contributor 10 Years

I don't see the name of the plant(s) being grown or how multiple different plants will be shown on the calendar. Or will there be a separate calendar for each species/variety? A map or maps of the garden showing the detailed locations of everything planted would also be very useful. especially with links between the map(s) and the calendar(s). Similarly, links to growing instructions for each type of plant would be helpful.

3. viridios

viridios New Member

Hi Vitog,

Thanks for the suggestions. You can test and see how the journal based planting calendar works by going to the social planting calendar page and then press the long purple button that has the caption Generate social planting calendar on it.
    This will create one for the default geographical location Groningen in the Netherlands. All the crop variety suggestions you'll see in the resulting calendar will be based on all the garden journals that i've made and finished in the previous years.
    You can change the location or the radius of the area for the planting calendar in the location settings page. You'll see that the location is currently pointing to the city Groningen but you can change it to any location in the world you want.

But since the website is only one month old you won't find any other finished garden journals anywhere else but in Groningen yet. I invite you to start creating some garden journals for your own location as soon as you start planting the crops for the new grow season. Once you've finished those garden journals you'll be able to create your own planting calendar that's based on the plant data that you've recorded inside these journals, and so will anyone else who lives in the same area as you.

4. Sulev

Sulev Contributor

Please, don't waste the space of a user's screen on pointless logos, banners etc, if the aim is functional solution.
    I like the way the Gardroid mobile app uses screen.

5. viridios

viridios New Member

I appreciate the feedback Sulev. The website currently has no mobile version yet but i will create one soon. Thanks for the mobile app suggestion. I'll look into it as soon as i start creating the mobile app.

6. Sulev

Sulev Contributor

Many people browse web with their phones, so even regular web apps better avoid wasting screen space.

7. viridios

viridios New Member

I am going to make a mobile version for the webapp soon.